Summer Reading Program
According to recent research, kids who read at least five chapter books over the summer avoid the “summer slump” (the phenomenon through which students lose much of what they have learned over the previous school year).
To help find books for their grade-level, we have recommended summer reading lists broken out by grade. Choose based on the grade your child will be starting in the fall.
Other suggestions not included in link attachments:
- First Grade: Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins (book one of three-book series)
- Second Grade: My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett (book one of three-book series)
- Third Grade: How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
- Fourth Grade: Holes by Louis Sachar
- Fifth Grade: Wonder by R.J. Palacio