Dress Code Procedures
The purpose of a uniform plan for our site is to:
- Focus on school as a place for learning
- Prevent a focus on clothing label competition
- Prevent the wearing of inappropriate types of clothing
- Develop a sense of school spirit and unity
School uniforms are mandatory beginning on the first day of school except for the last Friday of each month and during Spirit Days.
The dress code sets a standard in the best interest of students and is considered appropriate at the elementary school level. All students are expected to be neat, clean, and wear apparel that does not draw undue attention to the wearer. Clothing and shoes that are sensible for physical activities such as running, jumping, and kicking. Safety should be a factor when dressing for school.
If a child is not wearing a uniform, one can expect the following:
- A notice/or phone call home
- A phone call will be made to the parent/guardian requesting they bring a change of clothes
- The child will be asked to change into clothing from our uniform closet located here at the school.
- If the child is wearing inappropriate shoes for the playground and the parent cannot bring them another pair, the child will have to sit on the bench or in the office during recess for their safety.