Each class will have a classroom coordinator who will help coordinate communications and needs for their class. This role can be one parent/guardian or split across multiple volunteers.
- Work effectively with your classroom teacher.
- Assist in classroom activities.
- Help build friendly relations among parents in the classroom.
- Encourage teacher(s) and parents to develop a “team effort” between home and school.
- Promote the work of the PTO within the school and community.
- Provide teacher with assistance with classroom projects, Fall Carnival, field trips, celebrations, etc.
- Develop class roster and distribute it to each family.
- Set up an e-mail distribution for advising parents of school or class activities.
- Teacher Appreciation:
- Coordinate with parents for a small token (cards, gift card, etc.) around the holidays.
- Coordinating teacher appreciation activities for Teacher Appreciation Day (in lieu of Week).
- Make an effort to attend PTO meetings and share meeting information with parents.
- Involve as many parents as possible in class activities.
- Acknowledge volunteers.
- Work with the Room Parent Coordinator (PTO Board Member)