Sports Day was created to celebrate fitness, health – and the end of the school year! It is a day of fun-filled athletic activities for students in 1st through 6th grades. Everyone participates in at least 5 activity/sports stations and if time allows, students can try them all. Students can choose from:
- 50-yard dash
- Softball throw
- Obstacle course
- Jump rope
- Soccer juggle
- Sit ups
- Side step
- Rope climb
- Basketball shoot
- Ping pong juggle
- Standing long jump
- Balance beam
- Accuracy throw
Sports Day also includes the famed Relay Races! Each class, by grade, competes for the titles of fastest boys team, fastest girls team, and fastest coed team. Everyone receives a certificate of participation. Individuals who place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their respective events are awarded, by gender and grade, ribbons for their accomplishment.
Sports Day shows every child that it is fun to be active and encourages them to incorporate physical activity into their daily lives. It is a day that kids look forward to all year!
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Set-up (volunteers arrive at 7:30 a.m.)
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Primary (Grades 1 – 3) Individual Events (Volunteers arrive at 8:45 a.m.)
- 10:45 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. – Intermediate (Grades 4-6) Individual Events (Volunteers arrive at 10:15 a.m.)
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:25 p.m. – Intermediate Relay Races
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – Primary Relay Races
- 1:15 p.m. – Popsicles and Clean-up
We can’t make this day happen without your help! Sign up here!